Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
171 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Reduced facial hair growth. Any treatment?

Answered by
Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1995

Answered : 4036 Questions

Posted on Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi sir am 28 male located in chennai still my mustache & bread looks like age 20, so my face also looking like very small age, due to this every one not trust me am 28. and also am able to work bold in my factory. so how can u help me regarding this. i want be strong while looking.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 9 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I can appreciate your concern.

Please understand that development of secondary sexual characters (the one you are taking about and other like hairs in axilla and genital region, development of sex organs) depend upon the action male sex hormone testosterone.

Please look for development other sexual characters mentions above. If you are getting good sexual drive, having erection in morning without any problem I do not see any problem.

Still in case you are concerned, then please get in touch with Endocrinologist in your city. Your family doctor will help you find one.

He will look in to this development part and also advise some blood tests to see hormone levels if required.

After that is any deficiency is found, he will give supplements are per need and you will be fine.

Please do not feel low, external looks do matter in life, but it is not the only thing matters. People looking mature and behaving like one is different part. What is important is overall personality.

Take good healthy diet, do regular exercise and if concerned please see a doctor as advised.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you all the very best in your life.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,  

Recent questions on  Neuroendocrinology

doctor1 MD

I just started taking testosterone shots onces a week and i don't want any kids a friend of mine said to me that there is another shot i could take...

doctor1 MD

Six month ago I had a full blood work done to check on my hormonal balance. I am 49, every thing came back normal except for high estrogen levels....

doctor1 MD

I m 28 year old female 5 3 110lbs. I was diagnosed with a 5mm pituitary tumor about 4 1/2yrs ago. Had it rescanned in 2009 and they said that the...

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr Topiwala I have felt depressed, low energy, low libido and generally down for a long time. I am now 25 years old and requested that my...

doctor1 MD

Hi. When I was younger I had steroid treatment to increase my height, as steroid is known to increase growth hormones in adolescent boys. Now I...

doctor1 MD

I take.10 synthroid and .15 hydrocortisone daily. I recently had blood test and cortisone without meds was .6 and my Free T4 was low at .98. I have...

doctor1 MD

I, my name is XXXXXXX 45 years old, recently i was diagnosed by my doctor to have mood disorder with depression due to stress and fatigue from...