Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Reddish ring around foreskin, bumps on base of head of penis. Can somebody help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Hi umm I have this reddish ring around my foreskin and some small bumps around the base of the head of the penis I was wondering what it was since the last thing to happen sexually was months ago so I was wondering if somebody can help me out
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Please provide more details about your symptoms.

Are there symptoms like itching or scaling at this spot?
Are these bumps water filled blisters? Are they painful?

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Reddish ring around foreskin, bumps on base of head of penis. Can somebody help? 56 minutes later
They kind of red flesh colored bumps not painful just annoying really they are just there and some redness at the top of the head as well. The bumps are literally atthe bottom of the head area and are only there.
Also it smells bad down there even right after I take a shower sometimes I don't know if that will help either
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 6 hours later

Your symptoms arise suspicion of fungal infection.I think you can give try to local anti-fungal creams to see if they help.Examples of such preparations include those that contain clotrimazole(Cruex cream, Desenex cream, Lotrimin cream, lotion, and solution), miconazole(Monistat-Derm cream), ketoconazole(Nizoral cream), econazole (Spectazole), naftifine (Naftin), and terbinafine (Lamisil cream and solution). Any one cream can be used.

Primarily this doesn't look like STD.

If this doesn't help then you might need visit to your doctor.

Please ask if there are doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor