Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Reddish itchy vaginal skin with burning. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
The outside skin of my vagina to my anus is red raw and itchy. It keeps flaring up and then going away. I'm in agony and it feels like it's burning. Also very stingy and sore to go to the toilet.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 31 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand the trouble you are having.

Looking to the symptoms, there are some common possibilities in your case like,

1. Fungal infection
2. Other infection like yeast or skin infection
3. Contact allergy to rough clothes
4. Use of some cream or other local application.
5.At times worm infestation can also present like this.

Bad odor mostly indicate some infection.

It is better that you visit your Proper diagnosis will help to prevent repeated problem.

In mean time, please try following to have some relief,

Maintain good local hygiene
Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes, avoid clothes like jeans etc.
Preferably use cotton clothes
Apply some moisturizer over the skin
Take analgesic tablets like Tylenol for relief of some discomfort
Take anti allergic tablet to relieve itching.
Do not apply soap or any other liquid which can cause discomfort.
Take light diet, avoid taking oily and spicy diet.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor