Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Reddish grey patches around the gum of lower teeth region. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1957 Questions
Can see dark reddish and grey occured between lower lip and gum from left to right. When i pull my lower lip its visible inside.. Normally if i speak or smile nothing visible.. I feel it may spread my lower gum near future.. There is no ulcers and pain,only looking dark red from left to right inside.. Please someone advice what is this infection
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 5 days later
Brief Answer: could be a gum boil Detailed Answer: Hello There, Welcome to XXXXXXX Forum, After reading your clinical history i suspect that you have developed a gum boil around the gum of your lower teeth region. Such lesions are caused either by physical or chemical trauma to the gum tissue or due to injury caused by hot food stuffs. Gum Boil may appear as reddish grey as if filled with blood in the initial stages. It can be cystic sac like structure filled with fluid. If not treated in time it may undergo infection leading to formation of gingival abscess, so please get the examination done by the Dentist. After clinical examination if it is gum overgrowth it can be excised followed by a course of antibiotics and analgesics will solve the problem. If the lesion is associated with infected lower teeth, then the treatment plan will varry it will reguire a radiological evaluation of the region followed by Root Canal Treatment of the tooth. For further doubts do write to me and i will get back to you. Reagrds, Dr Qazi Ammara.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Reddish grey patches around the gum of lower teeth region. What could this be? 42 hours later
Hi Doctor, Please check my report attached and it seems mono is active,plz check and advice do I have mono? It seems gingivitis can occur if one infected with mono. please advice
Answered by Dr. Qazi Ammara 20 hours later
Brief Answer: It can be due to injury, infection or trauma. Detailed Answer: Welcome back, It is not necessary that the gingival lesion occur with the patients with mono. Mono is associated with other symptoms like fatigue, fever, enlarged lymph nodes, headache and enlarged spleen, if you are having the above symptoms for a week or two you can consult to a Doctor. The gum boil which you are having can be due to injury, infection or trauma. For this you need to consult to a Dentist. Take care! Dr Qazi Ammara.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor