Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Red watery discharge from vagina. History of endomitriosis and ovarian cysts. Pap smear normal

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 828 Questions
Four days ago I started gushing a watery substance out of my vagina. The water was clear with no smell. Slowly the water began to have a reddish tint to it over the last 48 hours with a sweaty smell. Today is day four and I can clearly see "stings" or lines of blood. The last 48 hours a general dull achy sense of fullness is in my lower abdomen and lower back. Im changing my panty liners every hour. It was a lot of liquid coming although not constant even flow. I have a history of endomitriosis and ovarian cysts. I just had my yearly Pap smear 5 months ago which was normal. I'm about two weeks from my cycle. 31yrs old. Never been pregnant.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

The most common cause of vaginal discharge with stings of blood include:

A vaginal infection (yeast, bacterial infection, trichomonas)
The body's reaction to a foreign body (such as a forgotten tampon or condom) or substance ( soap).

Following are my recommendations:

1. You need complete physical examination by a specialist Gynecologist.
A physical examination is the most accurate way of determining the cause of abnormal vaginal discharge.
2. A vaginal swab test.
3.Use water or unscented non-soap cleanser to wash genitalia, use warm (not hot) water .
4.Do not douche or use feminine hygiene products.
5.Avoid hot baths with scented products; plain warm water is preferred
6.Wear cotton underwear;
7.Rinse genitals with water and XXXXXXX dry after toileting; avoid use of scented toilet paper

Hope this helps.Feel free to ask for further clarifications. I wiil be happy to help.

Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor