Red, swollen and scaly upper eyelids
Thanks for posting your query.
I would like some more information to be able to help you better.
1. How long has it been like this?
2. Is there pain at a certain point on the lid?
3. Do you have any watering or discharge?
4. Do you have any irritation?
If you also have pain then warm compresses on the affected part will help. You may also need oral antibiotics along with antibiotic ointments. Otherwise only application of antibiotic ointment will be helpful.
Please do get back to me with the above details if necessary.
Awaiting your response
Wish you good and speedy recovery.
Thanks for getting back.
In the absence of pain this is what we call as ocular surface disorder. So plain antibiotic drops and antibiotic ointment is all we need .Drops to be put in 3-4 times a day and ointment to applied at night in the eye and round the eye.
Ciprofloxacin ,gentajmycine or tetracycline are the usual antibiotics we use.
You have to find out locally if these dugs are available.
Any difficulty please do get back to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red swollen and scaly upper eyelids
- Swollen upper eyelid amitriptiline
- Upper eyelid swollen feels bruised
- Ayurveda swollen upper eyelids
- Upper eyelid swollen
- Hiv swollen eyelid upper
- Upper eyelid swollen by lashline in morning
- Swollen upper eyelid cause
- Swollen upper eyelid contagious
- Upper eyelid swollen whats wrong