Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On methylprednisolone. Any suggestion?
Thanks for writing in.
I think your physician is right about the anxiety part. HSV-2 or Herpes Simplex type 2 infection is always a self limiting disorder. At the maximum, it will persist for two weeks in an immunocompetent person. As you are HIV negative, you are an immunocompetent person. As it has persisted for more than three weeks, it could not be HSV2. More over your lab tests also came negative.
Excessive applications of external creams, soaps, antiseptics etc make your genital skin and mucus membrane sensitive. They would also irritate the skin of your genitals and the redness of penile and scrotal skin will increase.
So, stop applying all creams including steroid (like Triamcinolone) creams. Just regular washing with plain water and applying some emollient like liquid paraffin will suffice. You will be alright soon. The symptoms like burning and numbness of your extremities are only due to your phobia towards STDs.
I don’t think you need to worry. You will be alright.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Thank you for sending your pictures, I have seen them in detail.
I have seen similar conditions. I am sure that your condition is not of infective origin that it is neither due to Herpes, HIV or yeast infection.
It seems it may be either due to allergy or due to irritants.
I would suggest you to try steroid cream other than Triamcinalone like Betamethasone Vallerate, preferably gels.
If you are not relieved by the anxiolytic drugs, then burning and numbness of legs may be due to other associated conditions like peripheral neuritis not related to your genital condition and it has to be investigated separately by a Neurophysician.
The ELISA tests for HIV turn out to be negative in the window period, which is 3 months from the time of exposure with an infected person.
Get well soon.
Thank you for writing back.
If you are already feeling the improvement, just apply some emollients like Liquid paraffin. That will be enough and wash with ordinary water. If you are not feeling well, the you can apply a Betametasone gel for 5 days.
Get well soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Std on penis head
- Negative std test and continued penis discharge
- Redness penis non std
- Red rash on tongue and std
- Sores on penis partners tested negative for std herpes
- Sore spot on the penis not std suggestions
- Penis head wrinkled std
- Std cause wrinkle of penis head
- Tested negative for std but
- Itching on penis head no std is this pe
- Itching on penis and sides of it. What medication is recommended?
- Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On...
- Red burning scrotum. Taking Gabapin with no relief. Need immediate cure
- Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of...
- Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching,...
- Dark spot on organ, rashes, itchy at night, may be syphilis
- Stomach rash, itchy, not taking medication, no change in diet. Any...
- Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should...
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum in pubic region, cryotherapy done....
- How soon am I contagious after having contact with herpes? How long...