Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Red rash on inside of buttocks, itching, painful. Used clotrimazole cream. Developing bump near rash

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
i have a red rash on the inside of my buttcheeks it hurts and itches. ihave been using clotrimazole cream and zeasorb. i also tried lotrimin. now i am developing a large bump on the top of the rash near the opening to my butt cleavage. this has been going on for more than a month with verying degrees of pain but this is the first time ive had a bump
there are also pimples on my right buttcheek its like one of them spreadto my crack and theres a pink splotch on my scrotum
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Follow-up: Red rash on inside of buttocks, itching, painful. Used clotrimazole cream. Developing bump near rash 1 hour later
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi Dear,

Thanks for writing in.

The rash you are describing can be seborrheic dermatitis, fungal infection , folliculitis etc.

If you can upload good quality photos of the affected skin ,it will help a lot in predicting the condition.

Also I would like to know-

Is it painful?

Is it scaly?

Itching is present more in day or night?

Is it responding to clotrimazole?

Any family member with similar problem?

Any systemic symptom like fever/ any other site affected?

Please answer the above questions to help you better.

Till then you can take tab .zyrtec for itching.
Apply moisturizer cream on affected area.

Anticipating your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor