Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Red penis, uncircumcised, pain during urination, swollen. Treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
my son penis is red this has happen over night he is Uncircumcised and when he goes pee he cries a little and then he is off and playing again his penis looks red and a little swollen My son is a little over 3 yr old normal weight
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 26 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

It is very likely that your son is suffering from a minor skin infection with a fungus. This is seen from time to time and is not extremely worrisome. It is also very treatable. I recommend that you go to your local pharmacy and purchase a tube of what is called cloak Trimet is all. Call time is all is an antifungal cream. I recommend you apply this to be affected area two or three times per day for the next 5 to 7 days.

This minor fungal infection is not a sign of anything XXXXXXX Basically fungus infections are coming in very warm and moist areas. Sometimes this can affect young children from time to time. If you see that he developed this on a recurring basis sometimes it would help to use a very mild powder after he takes a bath.

The other remote possibility which could be causing his symptoms would be if he is somehow spilling some urine on his penis after urination. Sometimes if your ring is left on the skin it can cause some eructation. As long as he is able to urinate and wipe and make sure everything is clean after he goes to the bathroom this is not a concern.

I hope my answer has been both informative and helpful. If you have any additional concerns regarding this issue I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Robert.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor