Red lump on edge of anus, tender and no pain. What is the treatment?

Dr. Basheer Ahamed

Diabetologist

Posted on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in General Health
Question: Small lump inside on edge of anus, tender but overall no pain at all. Red colour
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hemorrhoids Detailed Answer: Hello, This lump of the anus most likely appears to be due to hemorrhoids(Piles). These are basically engaged veins due to increased portal pressure. I usually treat them with local anesthetic gels and stool softening agents. However in view of high rate of recurrence, it is worthwhile to consult a surgeon and plan for surgical treatment. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarifications. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later
As these able to be purchased from a chemist?
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lignocaine gels may be available on the counter. Detailed Answer: Hello, Lignocaine gels is available over the counter at most locations. I am sure you would get them over the counter at your place too. It may be applied twice a day around the anal opening. On the counter analgesic can be taken for a couple of days. If the pain and swelling does not reduce then consult your doctor. Hope the answer helps. Regards.