Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Red lump on butt, sore when on sit, got slightly big, looks like a pimple. How to cure it?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9620 Questions
I have a red lump on my right butt check. I thought it was an ingrown hair but I'm not so sure any more. It has gotten slightly bigger and is now sore when on sit on that side of my butt. It's in a really hard spot for me to look at myself, but what I can see just looks like a really big pimple. Any ideas of what this is and how I can get rid of it.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed sore red lump on your buttock since very recently.

Most likely it looks to be a boil or a gluteal abscess in a stage of induration.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medicines for a week after getting prescription from your family Physician

If persists even after this treatment you may need to get it incised and drained properly by a General Surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor