Red, itchy patch on the scrotum. Using monistat and hydrocortisone cream. Any advice?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Question: red, itchy patch on the scrotum, size of a postage stamp, does not spread, some pruritis and sloughing, has not responded to jock itch cream or aloe lotions, just started using monistat cream and hydrocortisone cream. I've even tried bag balm. I've dealt with this for a couple months.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is worthwhile trying antibacterial cream/ointment like fucidin/bacitracin along with monistat.
Hydrocortisone may be stopped unless recommended by a doctor.
If there is no response in a couple of days, it is better to consult a dermatologist or urologist.
Best regards
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 45 hours later
What is the prescribed protocol for using the products you mentioned in your 1st reply? For example, when and how should the products be applied, etc.
The product, "fucidin" is not available in the US. Do you think fucidin is a better product then bacitracin?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Hi
They need to be applied at least twice daily, in the morning after showers and night at be time.
You can also use MUPIROCIN (BACTROBAN).
There is no specific advantage of fucidin over the others.
Get well soon,
DR GS