Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Red growth on vagina

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12630 Questions
I have a piece of red flesh hanging about an inchside of my vagina. I just noticed it out of the blue this morning. What is this and what do i need to do about it?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing to us.
What you saw hanging out of your vagina is probably the tags of your ruptured hymenal membrane. This is a harmless finding and remains like that without producing any problem.
If you are too much concerned about it or it is producing any kind of discomfort then you can get it removed surgically from your gynecologist. This is a minor outpatient procedure and can be easily performed without any complications.
Definitely I would reassure you saying that there is no major health concern with you. Do not worry.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor