Red growth on clitoris,growth on urethra
Thanks for the query.
Urethral lesions are usually Urethritis, Polyp and Diverticulum.
I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:
1. Are you having any symptoms like pain, frequency, burning while urination?
2. Do you have any history of injury or fall in the recent past?
It would be difficult for me to come to a conclusion without Physical examination. It would be better if you could upload a close picture of the lesion in the right side of the query box and if you face any problems in uploading then you can also mail it to me to YYYY@YYYY with subject:ATTN:Dr Minoo Bhagia. Please do confirm the uploading or mailing of the photo by writing here as to reply you back at the earliest.
I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after knowing the details of the above mentioned questions and after going through the photos.
Awaiting your response.
I have sent you an email with the photo attached if you're not able to view it.
Welcome again ,
Thanks for the photograph
To me it looks like a urethral caruncle or paraurethral cyst.
Urethral caruncle is a benign polypoid lesion usually causing bleeding and urinary problems but can be asymptomatic also.
Paraurethral cyst develops due to blockage of skene's glans but this condition is usually seen in young girls.
Differential diagnosis of these conditions like cyst , polyp , caruncle , paraurethral leiomyoma and urethral prolapse can be made by transvaginal ultrasound and MR as well as VCUG or voiding cystourethrogram so as to easily view the structures and urethral opening.
If the lesion remains untreated there are chances of developing infection with chlamydia or E coli.
Treatment depends upon the diagnosis whether conservative or surgical.
Urologist is the best judge who will confirm the diagnosis.
Till then you can do hot sitz bath and apply antibiotic cream on it.
Wish you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Controlled diabetes, irregular periods, miscarriage previously, spotting...
- Why is it extremely painful when i pass urine?
- 28 weeks pregnant, fragile x, mental retardation, ovarian failure,...
- Bloating, gas, incomplete evacuation, anal pressure. Treatment ?
- Is it normal to have light brown discharge in urine during 5 1/2 weeks...
- Missed abortion, ecosprin, wysolone, second pregnancy. Benefits and side...
- What does" Sub chronic bleed pole measurement - 13X4 MM" mean and how...
- Does Depakote ER have any side effect on pregnancy ?
- What are the brown spots seen after embryo transfer?
- Does polycystic ovarian syndrome cause pain, hot flashes, nausea and...