Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Red friction burn on nose, rubbed nose, red spots. How can it be cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12613 Questions
helol how can i get rid of the red friction burn on my nose ive had it for 25 years since i was 21 years old i exsesively rubed my blackheaded nose with a towel to rid me of the spots but all it done was leave a red XXXXXXX on half my nose how can i change it to the proper colour the skins texture is the same as the other parts of the skin but the colour is diferent again thanks
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The XXXXXXX on your nose is likely to be a pigmentation area.
Usually such marks do not need any treatment but for cosmetic purposes they can be lightened by skin bleaching products or can be removed. Speak to your Dermatologist.

Your Doctor shall have you examined physically and order a Biopsy if he/she has a doubt to rule out any serious pathology.

Once confirmed your Doctor may suggest treatment options which include,
1.) Medications
2.) LASER therapy
3.) Dermabrasion
4.) Chemical Peel.

In addition to the treatment, avoid exposure to sun to the maximum, use a sunscreen lotion when you move out in sun and use a Umbrella or a cap. Avoid sun exposure between 10am to 4pm.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor