Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Red dots on skin appeared forming the shape of a square. How to get cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2572 Questions
red dots on skin forming the shape of a square
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.

Based on the picture i think it might be contact dermatitis or insect bite.

It will better if you can recall, have you come across something that you usually wont. Whether the spots are associated with itching and site of this spots, are they spreading or anything that you think will be helpful in diagnosing.

Contact dermatitis, a itchy rash caused by things your skin touches, such as: cosmetics, soaps, and detergents, dyes and other chemicals in clothing, rubber gloves, shampoos, antibiotics such as neomycin rubbed on the surface of the skin or any plants. In case of sensitivity to sun exposed areas are affected.

Treatment for both includes washing with lots of water to remove any traces of the irritant that may remain on the skin. You should avoid further exposure to known irritants or allergens. In some cases, the best treatment is to do nothing to the area. I advice you not to scratch it as result in secondary infection.

In case of insect bite try to avoid further exposure, if you pets it might be insects which live on them.

Emollients or moisturizers help keep the skin moist, and also help skin repair itself. They protect the skin from becoming inflamed again. They are a key part of preventing and treating contact dermatitis.

Corticosteroid skin creams or ointments may reduce inflammation. Overuse, even of low-strength over-the-counter products, may cause a skin condition should be used with caution.

Over the counter antihistamine cream will be helpful.

You can also consider taking oral anti histamine which will be helpful if you have itching. These drugs are available as over the counter medication.

I advice you to follow this conservative approach, if it doesn't work or the symptom's severity increases i advice you to see dermatologist for examination and to for exact diagnosis. I sincerely hope that helps.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor