Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Red bumps on inner thigh. Whit stuff comes after squeezing. How to treat this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Hey i have had some red bumps show up on my inner thigh and around my pubic are and i have like one ortwo on my happy trail they have been there for a few weeks but i havent had sex in like 2 months..when i squeeze it white stuff comes out of it. There not clustered abd they dont hurt or itch. So idk what it is if u could help me out? I am a man
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 18 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description, these red bumps seem to be nothing but furuncles. Groins, thighs, pubic area are common site to get furuncles or boils as these areas are hairy and moist.
These have no correlation with sexual activities or in other words are not sexually transmitted infections. These are bacterial infection of hair follicles

To treat the same
Do warm saline compresses over the affected area as it helps in liquefying and draining the lesion
Apply topical antibiotic like mupirocin or fusidic acid twice in a day
Do not squeeze the lesions
Keep the area well ventilated, wear loose cotton underclothes
You may use antibacterial soap to bathe

Hopefully the lesions will resolve in 5 to 7 days. If the lesion persist a course of oral antibiotic like amoxyclav may be taken for 5 days.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more query, feel free to write back

Ps should there be no more query, we may close the discussion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor