Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Red Jap's eye, inflamed, no pus, painful to touch, STD clear, no pain while urinating.

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
hi i am 39 years old and have a red japs eye slightly inflamed - no puss or anything. It can be both painful to the touch with a 'tingle' feeling just within the tip. Not pain but more a tingle. The pain and discomfort when the japs eye itself is irrated can often be seperate. Tests clear of STD/I's - urine test indicates clear . Has been for about 5 months. No pain when urinating - no problems with ejaculation. It can get incredbily sentitive/painful when touched or brushed by my underwear. I have had some skins legions on legs that cleared with cream trimovate other than that general health is ok with no medical history. Appling the trimovate cream made things worse by being more painful and irritated. Anti biotics (including treatment for chyladmia and 10 day pencillian based) have made little difference during recent weeks.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 13 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
As I believe that more information can help a physician arrive at an accurate diagnosis, I would request you to answer the following questions:
Did you acquire this after unprotected intercourse?
Urethral meatus is the official term for 'jap's eye' and it does occasionally get inflamed, and when it does, it usually responds to urinary alkalinization and local anti-inflammatory drugs.
I am surprised that local steroids have not helped, and therefore suggest that you XXXXXXX a dermatologist or urologist in person.
If you can upload a picture of the affected area in close-up, it could be more useful. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
Awaiting your reply.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor