Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Recurring pain in forehead. Took vitamin B12 tablets as advised. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
re: my query of 9/27/13 about pain when touching forehead above and to right of right eyebrow: I followed your advice and took viatmin B12, 1000 mcg daily for 3-4 days and the pain went away completely. I continued the B12, but after two to three weeks the pain recurred. Any further ideas? Thank you.
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 26 hours later
Brief Answer: Sinus inflammation needs to be excluded... Detailed Answer: Hi, Apologies for the late reply, I was unaware that you were trying to reach me. I was able to review and summarize our previous discussion. Like I mentioned in our discussion, the closest possibility that I could think of was frontal sinus inflammation. This is a condition that is known to recur. You will need X-ray of paranasal sinus or CT head to rule out sinsuitis. The test can be done with the help of an ENT surgeon. Since the pain has been constantly present since more than 2 months now, I would urge you to visit your ENT surgeons office; discuss your symptoms and signs and if needed CT scan / X-ray can be done to arrive at a conclusion. In the interim, if the pain is troubling you, you can use over the counter pain reliever such as tylenol pain relief. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor