Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Recurring liquid filled rash above tailbone. Putting hydrogen peroxide or alcohol on it. Permanent cure?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
I get this recurring rash an inch or two above my tailbone. Doesn't hurt, itches (but not all the time). Look like little blisters, small so i would say bubbly. Then they dry out and go away. But then it comes back. same spot. It is clear liquid that comes out on the ones that do bubble up. I only put hydrogen peroxide or alcohol on them , thinking to vlean it and dry it out. Why do I keep getting it? It seems to get worse obvisouly if I scratch or rub at it, maybeeven dpreadout a little. How can I treat it and will I ALWAYS get it?? I dont' knwo why it's in that spot. I got a tatoo 3 years ago, but that area isn't filled in and they are so careful with their needles. So I could jus tbe freaking out but that is the only thing I can think of. But why is it recurring???
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 54 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
I hear you & thanks for the detailed clinical history & descriptions.
In my humble opinion, may i advise you to get a serum Ig G & IgM test done for herpes1 &2....from the description, one cannot rule this out & it may explain the recurrences. Dont is a pesky condition but rasily remedied. It may just be a simple contact dermatitis to the dyes used in tatooing.
Do these tests & do get back & let me know how things fare!
Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor