Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Recurrent lump near anus, blood and pus-filled. Is this something I have to live with?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 883 Questions
Over 6 months ago a lump formed about an inch from my anus. Went to Dr. and he said it was a clogged gland in the ring of lubricant around the opening of anus. Dr. lanced this lump, blood and pus came out. I took sitz baths, kept gause bandages changed, returned and Dr. said lump looked good, should stop. This lump has never gone away, gets to a golf ball size, very sore, then it bursts and mostly blood comes out, some pus I guess. Is this something I have to live with? This cycle keeps repeating, very painful. Dr. asked if feces also came out, said not that I have noticed. Can you give me advice as to the kind of a Dr. I need to treat this?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later

From your history it appears that you are suffering from recurrent perianal sepsis. You need to get evaluated by a general surgeon / Anorectal surgeon.

The cause of recurrent sepsis needs to be found out by a thorough speculum examination supported by a MRI or CT of the region. This will help in determining the upper extent of the disease or communication. Only if the communication is identified and tackled will the problem resolve. Please do not worry and there is a perfect treatment for it with a competent surgeon.

Find a good anorectal surgeon in your area is the key.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor