Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Recommended Meva c with Rabium, allergic to O2. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
Dr XXXXXXX recommended Meva c with Rabium DSR please confirm its ok as I am allergic to O2.
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Describe the symptoms

Detailed Answer:

You had not described the symptoms well to be able to guide you better.

Meva C is Mebeverine hydrochloride 135 mg plus chlordiazepoxide 5 mg. Helpful in Functional Bowel disease. It essentially requires a prescription to buy the medicine and you need to see a local Gastroenterologist.
Rabium DSR is Rabeprazole for acid peptic disease.
O2 is an Antibiotic called Ofloxacin.

Both the above medicines are not alternative to O2. They have a different action. You can take the above medications if your doctor confirms that you have functional bowel disease and they would not react as Ofloxacin.

Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Recommended Meva c with Rabium, allergic to O2. Advise? 3 hours later
Thanks XXXXXXX Jain@health care magic suggested I have IBS hence recommended these, I chose speciality as gastro so that XXXXXXX or any gastro can confirm this
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Passing it to Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:

Since there was no description of symptoms no gastroenterologist were not picking it for lack of details.

I will pass it to Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor