Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Recommend faster recovery procedure for rupture pain of the anterior talofibular ligament?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1055 Questions
Hi, You had answered a question about my daughter awhile back & was very helpful. It has been 9 weeks now & my daughter is still in a boot & depending on crutches to lessen the pain of a rupture of the anterior talofibular ligament. She is under a physicians care & doing physical therapy. Do you have any recommendations for her to help her recover faster. Would like her to get off of these crutches. Especially now that winter is here & snow is on the ground.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi.Its a just a matter of 2 weeks with exercise Detailed Answer: Hello madam.Hope your doing well. I am very happy to hear you and its my pleasure to hear that your daughter is recovering well. I totally understand your concern. I agree with you that she has completed 9 weeks now on conservative therapy which means that she has crossed acute phase (which lasts for 7 weeks). Maximum benefit is achieved in most subjects by 10 weeks with active rehab.20% of them continue to have symptoms secondary to either a functional or mechanical instability though! I would like to know if your daughter is doing/continuing stretching exercises and exercises like one leg standing or wobble board training with adequate support if required(part of active rehab)? You may have to escort her if you feel she might hurt herself going in the snow.I thank you for your patience. I know this is quiet pressing/painful to see depending on crutches.Encourage her to be active and only this can hasten her recovery process. Hope this helps her.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor