Recently started yaz, got bleeding post sex, not on periods due. What could the cause be?
Yaz is combined oral contraceptive pills used for contraception.
Causes of brown discharge after intercourse could be intercourse itself.
The other possible reasons are oral contraceptive pills(birth control pills), sexually transmitted disease (STD).
Since sexually transmitted disease(chlamydia and Gonorrhea) are a possibility it is very important to rule them out. Barrier method(condom) is the effective way to prevent STD.
You should consult a gynecologist to rule out your cause and for your treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further query I will answer it.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause for light periods
- What could be the cause for orange bleeding during periods
- Bleeding during sex and urination periods due cause
- What could be the cause for bleeding from rectum periodically
- Could sex cause bleeding again after having periods recently
- What could cause delay in periods
- Started bleeding after periods what could be causing this
- What could be the cause for short periods
- What could cause uti and periods irregularity post unprotected sex
- Will starting yaz delay my period