Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Recently did some blood test. What are the findings and treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
Dear Sir,
Recently did some blood test and found the followings:-
SGOt 56,SGPT 145,Bilirubin Total 1.31,LDL Cholesterol 197.80, HDL Cholesterol 34,Cholestrol total 276, Triglycerides 221& uric acid 7.80.
Please advice medication.
Thanking you ,
With Kind Regards,
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to see a physician.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would say that some of your tests are abnormal but for starting any kind of medication physical examination is necessary plus the coexistant risk factors need to be looked at .

You lipid profile is deranged with your total cholesterol raised and elevated triglycerides for which a statin or fenofibrate group of drug needs to be started. A healthy lifestyle , regular exercise is definitely recommended.

Your SGPT SGOT are raised , first thing is to look for any evidence of jaundice .You are already taking udiliv tablets but the reason is not clear.

There is no need to start any medication for raised uric acid until you have episodes of gouty pain. I would advise you to consult a physician for this purpose as all risk factors have to be looked in totality for taking any decision.

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Recently did some blood test. What are the findings and treatment? 10 minutes later
Dear Doctor,
Forgot to mention that I had been consuming alcohol regularly, I've stopped now and also I'm taking Telma 40 for B.P.
Please Advice.

Thanking you,
With Best Regards,

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stop alcohol use.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Your liver function derangement along with lipid profile abnormalities can be attributed to your alcohol intake . You are advised to stop its intake immediately.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor