Reason for painful erection?
Erections are usual at this age,but if it is painful then something could be wrong.
You are describing something that is called priapism. It is medical condition, in which the penis is frequently erected and painful. It is caused by increased blood flow and the exact cause isnt known yet. It can occur without any cause or in some haematological and neurological disorders.
Well i dont know for how long his erections last, if it is longer the 4 hours then you should visit doctor. If his penis becomes swollen and inflammated then go to ER.
He can help himself if he start exercise after he get ercetion ,he can run or do pushups,or walk up stairs so that blood goes away from penis.
If he has urinating problems he should also visit urologist.
Second, painful erections can be caused by phimosis and preputial adhesions so if there is anything strange about his penis or testicles such as color or morphology you need to seek for help.
Hope I ve been helpful, If you have any question I am here
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diabetes erection pain
- Testicle pain after erection
- Unable to sustain erection reason
- What is the reason for not getting erection
- What is the reason for frequent erections
- Pain during morning erection
- Pain in erect penis no swelling or discharge reason
- Reason for inability to sustain erection
- Is stress a reason for erection problems
- Medical reasons for weak erections
- Undergone subtotal coloctomy. Found fluctuating hemoglobin level. On...
- Frequent stomach ache, shaky hands and dizziness. How to overcome this...
- Sore feet with burning and tingling sensation. How to overcome this...
- Diagnosed with internal hernia. What treatment should be done for cure?
- Diagnosed with peptic ulcer and severe stomach inflammation. Looking for...
- Not active sexually. What is the reason for missed period?
- Feeling weakness and tingling in arm. Is this a sign of any serious...
- Started spotting after period. No itching, burning or foul smell. Sign...
- Cryoablation done for prostate cancer. Noticed swollen penis testicles...
- Having pain in shoulder. What is causing this and required treatment?