question-icon

Reason for conducting IX test for child?

Posted on Tue, 11 Mar 2014
Question: My daughter had an ix test done without my knowledge and doctors will not tell me the results. Could you please tell me the reasons why they would have done this.
Answered by Dr. Arun (48 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Are you sure its IX test or IQ test Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to health care magic. If you are sure it is ix test then it is factor ix assay to rule out hemophilia b. This is a clotting disorder. Tests could have been done if she had a wound and it didn't clot soon. Let me know the full name of the test to help you further. Regards Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology