Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Rash which breaks out under tummy, many surgeries performed on stomach, treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
I have a rash that breaks out under my do I treat this? I'm not overweight but this is caused from too many surgeries leaving me with this problem
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for your query,

If the scars are big i mean about 1cm wide then excision of the scar tissue surgically is the best solution . This should be done by a plastic surgeon who will excise the scar tissue and suture back the cut ends leaving clean and fine finishing which heal with a narrow or a thin scar and can be treated medically or with laser therapy.

Lasers treatments like with PDL (pulsed XXXXXXX laser) or ER-YAG (Erbium-Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet ) have shown good results in hypertrophic surgical scars but they do have local side effects of their own like redness, irritation,swelling . burns etc

There are also creams available which do heal the scars ( specially smaller ones) with rare side effects .But they do need lot of time to get rid of the scar to some extent may be months to years .Some of the best brands recommended are Mederma and Scarheal ( WWW.WWWW.WW .

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor