question-icon

Rash on leg wont go away

Posted on Wed, 6 Mar 2019
Question: Rash on leg wont go away
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (44 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Eczema, topical steroid, moisturizing lotion & antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to ask a doctor service
I have gone through your query and reviewed the attached photographs.
It seems to be eczema.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like clobetasol propionate cream on the affected areas twice daily along with frequent and regular application of a moisturizing lotion containing white soft paraffin on both the legs twice daily for 2 weeks.
If it is associated with itching take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to answer any questions .
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist