Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Rash around anus, watery sweating, stinging. How do I prevent this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 325 Questions
I keep getting a rash around the anus. I seem to have a watery sweat around that area and stings. It especially happens if I eat greasy or spicy foods (ie chili or potato chips}. It pretty much goes away if I eat very healthy. It won't go away all the way though. How do I prevent this and how do I clear the rash? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query. I am happy to address your questions, with spicy and oily meals which are not fully digested and may sensitise the skin around the anus after you have gone to the toilet to pass faeces. This may cause anal itch and in those who frequently use hot showers or baths. Solution is avoiding hot showers, and using moisturizing creams like glycerine (but not petroleum jelly like Vaseline). Try adding more fiber to your diet and avoid greasy spicy foods, this will also assist in cleaning the gastrointestinal system. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor