Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
Flu, a viral infection is associated with random body aches and other generalised symptoms. However the symptoms subside spontaneously as one recovers from flu - which in most cases doesn't take more than few weeks. If your symptoms are persisting for months, then you need to consider other causes.
GERD and hypothyroidism are not directly related to random body aches.
Hope I answered your query. Please close this discussion, if you are satisfied with my answer. Yet, I will be pleased to address/clarify your other doubts.
I drink a lot of soda, I have frequency issues. I suspect based what I have researched that is normal. What concerns me is that after I go, I get this feeling the last few days of the bladder "filling" up again after I go. It's not an immediate need to go,but more like a sensation. It is not painful, just weird.
I have had my bladder and kidneys(ultrasound) checked and those are normal. I also been checked for UTI in the past.
That being said, we also need to rule out other bladder conditions:
1. A previously detected/ruled out symptoms are severe and troubling. Perhaps sampling the midstream urine for routine/microscopy as well as culture will give us more accurate results
2. Overactive bladder is a physiological condition of over reacting bladder. And caffeinated drinks do worsen the situation. Urodynamic study like cystometry will help us confirm the possibility.
Therefore prefer non caffeinated and non alcoholic drinks. Practice safe sex. And do consider visiting an urologist whenever feasible.
Thank you. I will be pleased to comment further if you are not satisfied with my response.
PS: I would appreciate your remarks if you all your concerns are addressed. Please close this discussion to leave your feed backs
Is an overactive bladder like reflux in the sense it's something one has to managed or can it be corrected?
Overactive bladder is a physiological abnormality where the muscle (detrusor) over react to a normal stimulus leading to increase frequency/urge to urinate. This can sometimes be accompanied with involuntary loss of urine. It is NOT a reflux action but just a hyperactive reaction triggered by urine in the bladder.
Caffeine and other products have stimulant effects on the bladder muscles to cause such actions. Therefore, what you may have is not an overactive bladder per se, but a similar mechanism triggered by caffeinated drink.
Hope I am clear now. Let me know if you have other concerns.
You are clear. Other than stones, am I at risk for any other complications? Last question,thanks again.
Yes, I do not foresee any major complications. However I would be extremely pleased if your doctors also exclude urinary tract infection. The tests I described earlier are a means to do that.
Hope I have answered all your queries now. I wish you have healthy and prosperous life!! I will be available here for future assistance if you need them.
Please close this discussion and review. I would really appreciate that.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Flu like body aches no other symptoms
- Low body body temperature 345 flu symptoms
- Random body aches is this the symptoms of flu
- Flu symptoms but not flu scalp
- Have body ache stuffed nose dizziness symptoms or flu
- Body temperature is 952 flu symptoms
- Body rash after flu symptoms
- Flu and swine flu symptoms
- Low body temp with flu symptoms
- Flu symptoms low body temperature
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...