Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Raised sore on elbow and knee with puss in it. How to cure it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 822 Questions
I have a big raised sore on my elbow and knee. the knee has really gotten bad. i keep squeezing juice and pus out then cover it now it looks like a piece of raw chicken fat coming out of the center of a gigantic crater. gigantic being about 5/8 in around. my elbow doesnt look as bad but the mound doesnt go down when i squeeze it. i m out of town for a week so i cant see my doctor til then. im getting worried
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

Thanks for your query on XXXXXXX

Sorry to hear about your condition.

It seems that the skin over the knee is getting infected and for this you must clean your wound with normal saline and apply povidone iodine on this.

I also recommend that you may take tab amoxicillin 625mg thrice a day for 5 days after consultation with a physician.

Keep the wound open so that it will heal soon.

I hope that your query is answered. If you have any other, I would be happy to answer .
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor