RA severe 50 yr both shoulders last two yr. neck

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
RA severe 50 yr both shoulders last two yr. neck severe, spine compressed, twisting. In process of moving, electric spasms to fingertips rt arm and down rt leg to toes after moving boxes, approx 90 min.
Email YYYY@YYYY Records @ benefits hospital, dr Elton XXXXXXX Is this an emergency?
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Accident and Emergency

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Treatment is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

This is not an emergency in the view that you need to go to the ER right now, but it is a condition that requires a solution very soon.

In my opinion, clinically speaking, seems that there is spinal cord stenosis at the cervical spine, and, most likely, decompressive surgery and stabilization may be necessary, in order to stop the progression of the condition and eventually improve your symptoms.

Discuss with a Spine Specialist or a Neurosurgeon about your issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: RA severe 50 yr both shoulders last two yr. neck 13 hours later
Have worked too hard for too many years to consider surgery. Will follow up w/ physical therapy, after a shot in shoulder. Merle

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Okay.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

I'm okay with your choice, but I still think that the surgery should be an option in cases when conservative treatment possibilities were exhausted and there was no sufficient improvement.

Hope I helped you.

Feel free to discuss with me about your health issues.

Greetings.