Quick remedy for bump on head, black eye, vision loss, dizziness and sleeplessness ?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in General Health
Question: i have a bump on my head and a black eye no dizzyness vision loss or sleepyness.this happened three days ago and the bump is sTill there and my eye is black and blue.No discoloration in the white of the eye. YYYY@YYYY .
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 54 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us
Since the injury is 3 day old and you did not have any altered consciousness or vomiting, there is no need to worry.

The black eye is due to the seepage of the blood from the injury site into the loose connective tissue of the eye lid imparting black color to the lid.This will take some time, may be weeks to entirely disappear without any complication or marks. However, a combination of pain killer with serratiopeptidase can expedite this process. You would however need a prescription for that

On its own, the swelling and discoloration should subside on its own. Applying warm compresses would also help.

Hope this helps.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 26 hours later
The swelling from the bump on my head has not subsided, and I have noticed what appears to be blood in the white of my eye. I have been applying ice, however, but I will start using warm compresses instead. T
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Do not be concerned. Scalp and forehead is a highly vascular area and such bumps, black eye and subconjuctival hemorrhages (blood in the white part of eye) are very common following injuries to the head. They can easily take more than a week's time to recover.

Continue warm compresses to speed up recovery process.

Keep me posted and I can guide you further.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Regard,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad