Pus cells and epithelial cells found in urine. What is the disease?

Dr. Mayank Bhargava

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: if pus cells and epithelial cells are found in urine then which kind of diseases ?
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.
Let me explain your two problems one by one.

You have past history of shoulder and leg fracture but mentioned loss of lumbar lordosis & limbar canal stenosis may/ may not be related with the previous fracture.
Do you have any type of back injury during fracture?
Do you have pain in legs/ weakness in lower limbs/ loss of control on urination & defectation or retention of urine & constipation?

Lumbar canal AP diameter normally is 12 mm and it can be better judge by CT/ MRI scan of lumbo-sacral spine.
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ neurologist and should go for thorough neurological check up.

I have gone through your urine report and it appears to be absolutely normal.
Up to 5 pus cells/ HPF in male & 3 pus cells/ HPF in female is considered to be normal.
RBC's are also absent in urine.
Epithelial cells are normally shred off cells from urinary tract. This should also be considered as normal.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava