Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Purple spot on the side of the crown of penis. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 359 Questions
I have an oval shape purple spot on the side of the crown of my penis. I noticed it 2 months ago but thought nothing of it. Itdoes not hurt, no bump or changes in the skin. I have not had sex for a few years but I did kiss a girl with hpv a few months back. I stopped masterbating last week and the color seemed to fade slightly. I am scared to death, please help!
The center of the spot seems to be my normal skin color.
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. J Kingson John David 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its just a frictional injury and is recoverable ..

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend...
Thanks for your query to Healthcare Magic..

Your Problem is usual for most of men due to frictional injury....
A oval shaped purple spot in penis that is not causing pain or itching sensation without any discharge is most likely to be a mild trauma that would have occurred due to constant friction / forceful act of masturbation or any other sexual episode.

A trauma due to any coarse cloth, zipper of the pant or scratching during the night (in sleep) can
also present as a similar picture.

A STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) of any kind will have some symptom like pain, itching, discharge etc, There is nothing to be scared to death as colour starts to lighten as normal colour , Sometimes colour can be tured to dark brown and is nothing to be worried off in future.

The glans skin is too sensitive to bear even the slightest of trauma and when affected takes long to come back to normal.

This doesn’t seem to be anything significant and you can just apply any moisturiser to keep the area soft .

Hope this information is helpful. Thanks & Take Care.....

Dr.J.Kingson John David.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor