Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Pulsating lump above temple, noticeable vein around it, no sign of bruising. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 576 Questions
Hello, I just noticed a lump formed just above my left temple and is pulsating. The vein next to it is also noticeable but there is no pain, soreness, or any abnormal feeling...I don't believe that I hit my head while sleeping as there is no sign of bruising or tenderness.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. This lump must have been there for a few days but you might have noticed it recently. If you are saying it is pulsating, then it could be a vascular swelling (an aneursym) and you need to consult a surgeon immediately for this problem.
Make sure that you dont press the swelling or get it evacuated from a local doctor because it can bleed a lot.
A surgeon will assess the swelling and advise whether it requires removal or not.
From your description is does not look cancerous

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor