Protein loss due to Nephrotic syndrome. Treatment?
Thank you for posting your query.
Nephrotic syndrome can make your wife feel run down due to either excess water accumulation, which leads to weight gain and also due to ongoing protein losses.
I would suggest, you restrict her fluid intake to less than 1000ml/day and limit her salt intake. This will help by preventing her from retaining excess fluid.
Do not restrict protein in her diet as she needs to supplement the protein being lost in urine.
Moreover some Nephrotic syndromes are related to certain other conditions that may primarily be responsible for your wife in feeling run down. Do get an early evaluation and a possible biopsy to find out the reason for her Nephrotic syndrome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for childhood nephrotic syndrome
- Treatment and cure for old, nephrotic syndrome
- Ayurvedic treatment for nephrotic syndrome
- Treatment and cure for resistant nephrotic syndrome
- Protein shake for nephrotic syndrome
- Protein loss due to nephrotic syndrome treatment
- Nephrotic syndrome treatment
- Treatment and cure for nephrotic syndrome
- Treatment and cure for dependent nephrotic syndrome
- Treatment and cure for asplenia, nephrotic syndrome