Prostate cancer not cured by cryotherapy or radiations. Will it be cured by putrefied meat?

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Cancer
Question: Hi, someone told my Dad about putrified meat that would cure cancer. He has prostate cancer and has had it for quite a few years and has had a couple of different treatments done, radiation pellets and cryotherapy. He is now on injections and medication. His PSA is at 31 right now and slowly climbs each month. We were wondering about this meat. It actually sounds crazy, but he wanted me to do some research and see if I could find any other information on this. Have you heard of this? Please let me know and what you think. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

This is a very interesting question but I have to tell you that there is no published evidence that this type of meat can actually have any effect on cancer or cure cancer.

A standard approach to prostate cancer includes hormone manipulation and then consideration of different types of chemotherapy. There have been many advances in both hormonal therapy and chemotherapy over the last 10 years.

At this time there has been no alternative therapy that has been shown to be superior to conventional therapy offered by medical oncologists. I would not consider this putrefied meat approach to be at all beneficial and could potentially be harmful.

Thank you again for sending your question. If you have any specific questions for follow-up discussion I would be happy to review those with you as well.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert