Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Problem during delivery, locking of pelvic area, pain in the tail bone while walking. What can it be?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I have a few problems, first I had my daughter about ten months ago. I had reached ten cm and started pushing, I pushed for around three hours and then the doctor came in and told me I had to have a C-Section. When I first came home I noticed that it felt like my lower pelic area was "locking or getting stuck" it's kinda hard to explain. Second, I broke my tail bone in my teens, cant remeber how old I was, but i know I was a teen. I am now getting ready to turn 23. Well, every once in a while I have some pain in the tail bone area, which is normal for me. But here recently I have felt a very sharp and ongoing pain in the left side of the tail area and its in the bones, not muscles, and not just in the tail, but the left high hip too. Third, my hips. Both of them kinda pop out of place every once in a while. It's not an all the way out of place, just partial. I would normally have to stand and start walking to get it to stop, but now it even happens even if i'm walking. It's starting to get scary. Was wondering if you could give me some insight. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
thanks for the query.

according to your description the possibilities are,

-because of strain and pressure from fetal head during labor there is chance of breakage of tail bone, the coccyx,
your prior damage might added to it.

-as you might have been kept in lithotomy position for long time during labor there is chance of excessive strain of muscles,
compression of the nerves,
which might be causing pain.

-as ligaments get loosened during pregnancy because of influence of progesterone it will take sometime to become normal, that may be responsible for your hip problem.

so you discuss your problem with your doctor, the symptoms will subside soon and you can take help of analgesics,
if becoming severe, you better consult orthopedic doctor once to find out the exact cause.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor