Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Primary amenorrhoea, abdominal pain, no periods. Is there a possibility of becoming a mother?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
Hello Sir
I am XXXXXXX 29 year old ,a housewife.i am suffering from primary amenorrhoea.Along with that i had severe abdominal pain twice.Consulted several Gynaecologist operated twice for solution but till no results produced.Now i do not have pain but i donot have any sign of menstruation cycle.
It has been told to me that pregnancy is not possible in my case .so please see my medical history,i am attaching with different treatment prescriptions .So,Pls see and confirm whether there is any possibility of becoming a mother or not.Due to uploading limits i have uploaded only last two recent reports.
Thanking u sir.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 hours later

Thanks for writing to us. I have seen your reports.

You were having haematocolpos. It is due to imperforate hymen in which menstrual blood gets collected inside and it gives bulge in the abdomen. They must have drained it.
It is mentioned a transverse vaginal septum which was cut. Your ovaries, cervix and uterus are normal but fallopian tubes are not clearly mentioned.

It is better to get MRI (Magnetic Resonant Imaging) done for the clear picture of your genital organs.

I would like to see the hormonal assays of FSH, LH, Prolactin, testosterone, insulin resistance, DHEA's etc.

It is better to get CT scan of the pituitary gland.

Best wishes.

Waiting for your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor