Primary amenorrhoea, abdominal pain, no periods. Is there a possibility of becoming a mother?

Posted on Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hello Sir
I am XXXXXXX 29 year old ,a housewife.i am suffering from primary amenorrhoea.Along with that i had severe abdominal pain twice.Consulted several Gynaecologist operated twice for solution but till no results produced.Now i do not have pain but i donot have any sign of menstruation cycle.
It has been told to me that pregnancy is not possible in my case .so please see my medical history,i am attaching with different treatment prescriptions .So,Pls see and confirm whether there is any possibility of becoming a mother or not.Due to uploading limits i have uploaded only last two recent reports.
Thanking u sir.
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 hours later

Thanks for writing to us. I have seen your reports.

You were having haematocolpos. It is due to imperforate hymen in which menstrual blood gets collected inside and it gives bulge in the abdomen. They must have drained it.
It is mentioned a transverse vaginal septum which was cut. Your ovaries, cervix and uterus are normal but fallopian tubes are not clearly mentioned.

It is better to get MRI (Magnetic Resonant Imaging) done for the clear picture of your genital organs.

I would like to see the hormonal assays of FSH, LH, Prolactin, testosterone, insulin resistance, DHEA's etc.

It is better to get CT scan of the pituitary gland.

Best wishes.

Waiting for your reply.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Minoo Bhagia

OBGYN