Pressure on lower abdomen and pelvic area with achy testicles. No blood in urine. What's wrong?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Question: My left testicle is not painfull, but very achey. Now my lower abdomen, back and pelvic area feel lots of prssure. No blood in urin or vomiting. No fever either. Just tightness from abdomen, testicle and lower back. Not sure what this means.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
The symptoms are a little vague, but i will do my best to arrive at a possible diagnosis.
Possible causes are
1. Varicocele - distended veins of the spermatic cord.
2. Early infection of the testis/ epididymis ( epididymo- orchitis).
3. Chronic prostatitis.
Clinical examination includes, abdominal, genital and rectal examination.
Tests needed are Ultrasound scan of the abdomen and the scrotum, urine analysis.
Remedies that would help are.
1. Scrotal support.
2. Pain killers of the muscle relaxant type.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any.
Best regards
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 15 minutes later
Thank you for your reply. Furthermore, i scheduled a visit with my Dr. in two days, which will probably refer me to a urologist. That being said, can i rule out testicle cancer? I just urinated again, no blood. No vomiting, have a regular appetite. Only issues are feelings of strain in my left testicle, almost like somone is squeezing it, and pressure in my lower abdomen and lower back. Any advice, (ice pack/ heat)Wainting for your reply. Thank you
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 minutes later
Welcome back.
Cancer presents as painless swelling usually and pain is a late symptom.
It is my last diagnosis, anyway the examination and scan should help.
Home remedies to ease the pain are
1. Warm application for the back and stomach and
2. Ice application for the testis.
Best regards
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 17 hours later
Hello Dr. I do obviously understand one can not simply get a diagnosis online but simply just helpful insight. That being said, you have not narrowed down to what it could possibly be. As mentioned, no Unusual symptoms but simply more aching. Almost like blue balls but only the left testicle. Somewhat of a sharp (but not excruciating) pain by left groin/abdomen area. Peed 4 times already. No blood in Urin though. Slight lower back tightness. If possible, please narrow it down to two symptoms. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 11 hours later
Hi
Welcome back.
I am happy that you understand the limitations of this type of answering model.
My first diagnosis is varicocele ( distended veins of the spermatic cord) and second being epididymo-orchitis ( infection of the sperm collecting tubes and testis).
Both will be helped by scrotal support and ice application to the scrotum.
Hope i have helped you. Wish you very well.
Best regards
DR GS