Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound showed bilateral mastoiditis. Further?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
i was feeling this pressure inside my ear and actually started feeling pain in back of my rigth ear.i actually got panic cound sleep , i decided to go to a ent ,he send for mri .saw the ent aweek later; he said it was some hyrneatic disk , this doctor refer me to a neorologist . .the neorologist send me for two mri and a ultrasound everything came back ok ,the final conclusion was they found severe small vessel soemcdiseas as described bilateral mastoidiis. the neoralogisr refer me back to the ent to evaluated it and prescribed antibiotic.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 50 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

MRI and ultrasound have concluded your problem as bilateral mastoiditis, which is a bacterial infection of mastoid bone. This mastoid bone is the bulge on the skull behind ears.

Generally mastoiditis occurs because of chronic middle ear infection and presents as pain behind ears, fever, purulent discharge from ears, redness behind ears etc.

Prompt treatment with antibiotics is the line of management, otherwise purulent discharge destroys the skull bone.

Your treating doctor is absolutely right in prescribing the antibiotics for you.

In case you require further information,you are most welcome to write back.

Wish you good luck and speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor