Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Prescribed with lubowel 24 for difficulty in passing stool. Can i continue with this medicine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
I was prescribed lubowel24 when I had difficulty in passing stools andnow I seem to have loose motion. Should I continue with the medicine? My email
Address: YYYY@YYYY
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Lubowel 24 is a laxative Containing lubiprostone and usually given as twice daily dosage for constipation.
However it's known to cause diarrhoea as a sideeffect . In your case since you are having loose stools you should stop the laxative as of now and you should ask your doctor for an alternative in case you suffer from constipation in future.
Meanwhile you should drink plenty of water and have a fibre XXXXXXX diet to prevent constipation .
Also make sure if any medication you are taking is causing an iatrogenic constipation and do discuss it with your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor