Prescribed ossopan-D syrup for infant. How long should I continue this medicine?

Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Child Health
Question: Hi, This is XXXXXXX I have an 8months old baby. My baby was 3.1 kg at its birth. Paediatric suggested me to give ossopan-D calcium syrup daily on regular basis till yet and am giving it. So I need to know when to stop it and is there any disadvantage since am giving it right from its birth
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 56 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thank you for your query.

There is no disadvantage in giving Ossopan-D syrup to your baby. You can continue giving it. However, why give only calcium and vitamin D when the body requires all the vitamins and minerals apart from these two. Hence, my suggestion to my patients is to give a well balanced nutritious diet rather then supplements on a daily basis. Once in a while you may need to supplement and in that case give a multi-vitamin, multi-mineral supplement.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing your baby all the best.

RKK