Prescribed morphgesic tablets. Taking laxative laxido for constipation. How long will they take to work?
Thank you for your query.
Laxido is a laxative that works by drawing water into the bowel and helping the passage of the bowel contents. The Morphgesic tablets you are taking are likely to be contributing to your constipation. The usual dose of Laxido for constipation is up to 3 sachets a day and it would usually take up to 4 hours to work. If you have not had result after 6 sachets then any more may not work.
I would suggest that you drink plenty of water over the next 24 hours. Up to 3 liters if possible. This will ensure you are well hydrated and the laxative will have its best chance of working.
Include some roughage in your meals such as fresh fruit and vegetables. You didn't mention why you were on morphine but, if possible, reducing the dose may help your constipation.
I hope this advice is of help. Please do not hesitate to ask for any further clarification if needed.
Dr K A Pottinger,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constipation after taking laxative
- Does taking vitamin tablets increase constipation
- Suffering from constipation taking laxatives noticed blood suggestion
- Have constant constipation and bloated abdomen taking laxative treatment
- Child taking laxatives long term safe treatment for constipation
- Constipation despite taking laxative what is going on
- Child has constipation taking oxetol how can we eliminate constipation
- What laxative can i take for constipation
- Is it harmful to take constipation tablets while trying to conceive
- Constipation feeling something struck inside cramps taking laxatives fecal impactation