Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Prescribed medicine for oral herpes. Cured after cutting gluten from diet. Do I really have herpes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12758 Questions
So a doctor told me that i have oral herpes, about a year ago, even though i told her that the bumps only came up when i had certain foods that contained gluten. She performed no tests just flat out said it was herpes she seemed to be having a bad day. i have completely cut out gluten from my diet and since then never had a bump so i am convinced i don't have herpes. Will my medical records say that i have herpes? she prescribed me medication but i never took it.
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
If your doctor suspected the lesions to be due to herpes and prescribed you medicine for the same then your medical records will mention that history.
You can get the blood test done to rule out the infection in records.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Prescribed medicine for oral herpes. Cured after cutting gluten from diet. Do I really have herpes? 14 hours later
How can i go about getting blood testing done and around how much would that be? Wouldn't i need a skin graph to know wether or not it was herpes? Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
A blood test is a surer way to rule out herpes. The cost of the test varies from place to place and you can consult your physician regarding the same.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor