Prescribed lineator and carnisure 500 mg after semen analysis. Is this the right treatment??

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Question: first i check up semen analysis sperm count is 11.5 milion/ml, % of motility active 10%, sluggish 20%, Immotive 70%. After 3rd hour active 0%, sluggish 10%, Immotive 90%. then i take treatment for 3 month tab COQ FORT, PROVINIRIUM, FERTIL M then report is sperm count is 23.8 milion/ml, % of motility active 20%, sluggish 10%, Immotive 70%.After 3rd hour active 10%, sluggish 05%, Immotive 85% Then doctor take me for one month course of tab LINEATOR and CARNISURE 500 each tab morning and night so the my question is how time to best result for me for satisfaction
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hello

The " normal " semen analysis is defined as follows by the WHO ( World Health Organization )

Volume= 2.0 ml or more
Liquefaction time Within 60 minutes
pH 7.2 or more
Sperm concentration 20 million spermatozoa per millilitre or more
Total sperm number 40 million spermatozoa per ejaculate or more
Motility 50% or more motile (grades a* and b**) or
25% or more with progressive motility (grade a) within 60 minutes of ejaculation

Morphology 15% or 30%***
Vitality 75% or more live

Based on this, you can see that in the earlier report you had decreased sperm count ( Oligozoospermia ) and decreased motility ( Asthenozoospermia ), whereas now you still have decreased motility after treatment.

Causes of an abnormal sperm count are many - genetic causes, psychological causes, impotence, erectile or ejaculation problems, infection, mumps, fever, obstruction to ducts, radiation, any other drugs that cause effect on testes, smoking, alcohol, stress, or , in many cases, idiopathic, that is, without any identifiable reason.

From your question, I am not clear as to whether just the report is bothering you, or you are having issues with fertility ( conceiving ) or sexual problems.

The treatment varies - for fertility, there are options like medical management, IUI ( intra uterine insemination ), IVF ( in vitro fertilization ) or ICSI ( intra cytoplasmic sperm injection ) where even one sperm is enough. For sexual problems, adequate counselling and treatment depends on the cause. As for the report, please dont worry about it unless it is causing you some problem

Please consult an XXXXXXX for - detailed body check up, examination of local genitalia and XXXXXXX reproductive organs, investigations, blood tests and hormonal tests as required and appropriate therapy based on the cause.

For general pointers,
Please lead a healthy, active, stressfree lifestyle with moderate exercise and a nutritious diet XXXXXXX in anti oxidants.
Avoid smoking, drinking, drugs .
Avoid local heat to the testes.
If involved in contact sports, use protection.
Avoid prolonged periods of abstinence, as that decreases sperm motility.

Take care and feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 21 hours later
first i check up semen analysis sperm count is 11.5 milion/ml, % of motility active 10%, sluggish 20%, Immotive 70%. After 3rd hour active 0%, sluggish 10%, Immotive 90%.

Then i take treatment for 3 month tab 1. COQ FORT, 2. PROVINIRIUM, 3. FERTIL M then after 3 month later the report is sperm count is 23.8 milion/ml, % of motility active 20%, sluggish 10%, Immotive 70%.After 3rd hour active 10%, sluggish 05%, Immotive 85%

Then doctor take me for one month course of tab LINEATOR and CARNISURE 500 each tab morning and night.(2 tab daily)

1. the above my treatment is right ya wrong?
2. How much time required for the improvement of my semen test analysis?
3. IUI process is require ya naturally pregrency hapened?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 34 minutes later
Hello
1. As your semen count has improved, the treatment is on the right track.
2. This is empiric treatment. Various tests need to be done and you need consultation with an XXXXXXX to know exact cause of low semen count. The time taken for improvement of the semen analysis depends on exact cause.
3. If you have been trying naturally for a year or more, IUI is a better option for you, as the motility is quite low.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
thanks

my marriage is in year 2009 and my age is now 29 wife age 23

now doctor take me for one month course of tab LINEATOR and CARNISURE 500 is good for improve active spearm pls sugges
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 36 minutes later
Hello
Since you have been trying for 3 years now, IUI is a good option for you.
The treatment is fine, and you can continue taking it, but if pregnancy does not occur soon, IUI is a better option.