Prescribed eslo 5 for HBP. Should I reduce the dosage as BP level has decreased?

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello Doc,

I was on Amlopin 2.5 past 5 years, recently found BP to be high (150/100 range). Consulted a GP, he changed the medicine to Eslo 5 plus Natrelix SR 1.5. Now, find BP touches 110/80; is the dose fine or I can lower it?

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for sharing your concern,
You are hypertensive and were uncontrolled on amlopin 2.5 mg.
Your Doctor rightly increased the dose ESLO 5 mg which is purified form and simultaneously given diuretic (Indapamide).
Now your Blood pressure is little bit lower side.
Please do not reduce dose by yourself, kindly check once again with doctor, if BP is low reducing dose or removing a drug is possible.
Please also take low salt diet, and regular exercise.
Hope this information will help you; I will be available for follow up query if any.

Regards.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.