Prescribed antibiotics for pleurisy bronchitis, swollen glands and sinusitis. Any alternate medication?

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: hi i was prescribed two different antibiotics , steriods and antihistimne tablets for pluresy bronchitis swollen glands and sinusits I have to take 4 deltacortril twice a day 2 ciprofloxacin twice a day 1 clarithromycin once aday and 1 neoclarityin once a day...the problem is i was not given the best time to take them..i have taken the 4 steriods and 1 cipr together about 6 hours ago...this may sound silly but i am looking for a timetable of when i should take them
thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 58 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

The routine dosage schedule are-
- Ciprofloxacin morning evening after meals
- Clarithromycin once in morning after meals
- Desloratidine( neoclarityn) once in morning.

Steroids such as Deflazacortil is dosed according to the condition it is indicated and body weight. The frequency is either as a single dose in the morning; and if the doses are high these can be taken in divided doses (as it seems in your case).

Whenever in doubt always consult the doctor who prescribed the drugs as for recovery correct dosing and schedule of drugs is mandatory.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more, feel free to write back to us.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad